April 09, 2009

Recent Bday Acquisitions

Between my birthday celebration and the spate of recent sales, I have few new items to throw into my dressing repertoire.

Chris gave me the most incredible brick red, 8 hole Dr. Marten Boots. He also got me Fresh Lemon Sugar perfume, a Jessica Kagan Cushman Bangle that says, "I Want To Be The Girl With The Most Cake," From the Hole song, "Doll Parts," A steam punky book locket necklace from Etsy, and the Griffin Clarifi iphone case, which adds a macro lens feature to the iphone camera! All that on top of throwing me an amazing bday party, taking me to many different bday dinner celebrations, and generally being the sweetest fiancé!

I am so excited for the spring of grunge, as evidenced in the outfit I assembled to try on my Docs.

Ruelala.com held a final sale boutique with items from many different designers.

I selected this Shoshanna jacket, and the MBMJ Claudette dress (to be featured in my upcoming monogamous dressing post). Chris got a sport coat and sweater from the men's MBMJ boutique.

Hautelook had a sale of vintage sports merchandise so I grabbed shirts representing Pitt and the Penguins. And Old Navy, along with Gap and Banana Republic held their 30% off friends and family promotion.
Link
I stocked up on basic tshirts and flip flops. Bloomingdales held its private sale.

I got an amazing deal on a Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Huge Hillier hobo in Tan, as well as some sale hosiery.

I am so excited to wear all my new goodies!

4 comments:

Haute World said...

Ahh, the birthday haul! Thanks so much for posting - I'm loving all your brand new clothes and accessories! I so need to dig out my old Docs as well. In the past I've only worn them to rock concerts, but I think I'll try to integrate them into a daily wardrobe. And you're lucky to have such a great fiancé! :)

sarah skelton said...

oh gosh. i'm so jealous of the docssss.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I'm glad both Muzzleloader and The Haute Shopper approve of the docs! Thank you both for reading! :)

May Kasahara said...

the DOCS!!

yesssssss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails