March 30, 2010

Honeycrisp Sweater Coat

The rain and returned chill in the air have me scrambling to wear some favorites before it is time to store them for spring/summer. As such, I broke out this sweatercoat from many seasons/years passed (fall 2006, to be exact). Anthropologie named it Honeycrisp and it does describe the warm mustard yellow color accurately. 

I was desperate to find this sweater coat when I saw it in the "Sunday Styles" section of the New York Times. They ran a photo of it and other jackets/sweaters during the holiday shopping season as gift options. I knew I wanted to gift it to myself asap but the Anthro retail price point was high for a sweater. I managed to score one on ebay for far less.

Tibi Honeycrisp sweatercoat. Somewhat similar jacket here and here
Baggu here.
Vintage leather satchel from Coach. Similar ones can be found on ebay.
Underneath, I wore:
Twinkle by Wenlan dress (also from Anthro-- maybe winter 2008? I don't know its name)
Similar spring/summer appropriate dresses, here and here.

4 comments:

Tien said...

I love the sweater coat. I especially love the pairing of the mustard and deep violet.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you, Tien!

Carol Jeandel said...

in my country are also of the weather .... between the spring and winter ;)

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

It is hard to find a balance or get into a rhythm when things between spring and winter are so unpredictable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails