August 02, 2010

Tailoring Update Success! By Malene Birger Liane Dress


I am happy to report that this formerly "slightly too-long dress" is no longer too long. I bought Danish designer, By Malene Birger's "Liane" dress from the Outnet back in Fall 2009 when it was deeply discounted. But I was hesitant to take it to the tailor because of the lovely details. So it sat in my closet for almost a year. Here it was before:


Finally I came to my senses and took it to the tailor.


A pretty but non-functional dress may as well not exist! I had Geno take up the length and can now wear this beautiful antique ivory frock!

6 comments:

Academic Writer (a.k.a. A-Dubs) said...

'Gorgeous results - and a brave endeavour!

No Guilt Fashion said...

The results are well worth it. The dress is simply beautiful. It is shame it sat in your closet for so long.
noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

Tippy said...

that's awesome! i never took advantage of tailoring my clothes until I started to watch "what not to wear" and it just made sense! that's a really pretty dress :)

SunnyDay said...

A good tailor can change your life, I swear. That turned out so well.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

a-dubs, thank you! I was nervous. But I am glad I did it.

No Guilt Fashion, I agree it was silly to have it sit for so long!

tres tippy, WNTW definitely opened my mind to the idea of tailoring. Thank you!

Desert Flower, it is so true! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

hello

my new websites

http://my.opera.com/Sschulte/blog/


bye

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails