February 04, 2011

Big Love for this Dress


One of my inexplicable and guilty television pleasures is the show Big Love. The plotlines and character twists have become increasingly ridiculous with each season, making it unsurprising that the show is ending soon. Much like the L-Word, Gossip Girl, and Gilmore Girls before it, out of habit I continue to watch a now-bad show.  If I I see a new episode on my DVR I plot out some busy work that can be accomplished with the TV on, like cleaning the living room or balancing my checking account.

Unlike the L-Word, Gossip Girl, and even Gilmore Girls, I never turned to Big Love for fashion inspiration or brand spotting. That was until this week. Apparently audiences are to believe that the above Marc by Marc Jacobs dress from fall 2007 (called the Liza) exists in the closet of ex-FLDS compound dweller, Cara Lynn (Nicki's long lost daughter), who wore the dress to Christmas dinner. I have enjoyed this character's transition off the compound and into public school where she is thriving with bright intellect. But it seems unfathomable that the transition process of her mainstreamed wardrobe would include so quickly one of Blair Waldorf's and Alice Pieszecki's and Rory Gilmore's favorite brands. I'm sure it was just an accident and the dress was unearthed from some old wardrobe closet. I unearthed mine the day before I viewed the episode!

3 comments:

JewishGirl said...

Hey, maybe she thrifted it!

Love the way you styled it though...it looks great with the grey accessories.

Becca said...

I don't watch any of those shows, but I love that dress!

loveatfirstshop said...

That is so funny! I really love this dress on you, the color work really well with the grey.

(I love Big Love! But yes it has gone just a little too crazy recently, but I still watch.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails