June 10, 2014

Sketchbook Shirtdress OOTD


I bought the Sketchbook Shirtdress from Anthropologie last fall when it went on sale. I never got the chance to try on my size in store so it was a bit of a gamble. But the stretchy design of the top and free flowing hips made for a forgiving fit.

I love the print on this and that it combines navy with black so everything matches. I wore it to Emilia's first birthday party last November when I wanted to coordinate with her party dress without being matched. I've also worn it to campus a few times for teaching. And most recently I wore it without tights to Jeff Tweedy's performance opening the Three Rivers Arts Festival last Friday. It's an easy dress that I feel comfortable wearing in a variety of contexts. I see a changing tide with the styles being carried at Anthropologie and am hopeful that I'll see even more similarly versatile pieces coming from them this fall.

Outfit details:
Sketchbook shirtdress from Anthropologie
Spanx tights
Marc by Marc Jacobs owl flats (similar here and here)
David Yurman necklace; Michael Kors watch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails