September 02, 2014

What I Wore Back to School (part 1)


This semester I am teaching two classes that meet once a week. Once-a-week courses require a different strategy when it comes to lesson planning and organization. You need to factor in at least one break, and recognize that the sheer length might lead to even more attention attrition than usual. You also have a lot of material to cover even on day one, because the end of day one is also the end of week one.
 
But when it comes to the content of this blog the main difference between a multi- vs once-a-week class is that I have even fewer in-class outfits to assemble across a semester. For the first week I felt like I had two "first days," and the stakes were high. I needed to maintain that same sense of hopeful energy for each new batch of students. And to confound matters some ongoing HVAC work in the building meant that climate control was unlikely. With temperatures nearing 90, I was pretty anxious.

For one of my "first days" I wore the above ebay find which I now realize looks a bit too short with bare legs. Thankfully I was behind a media console for a good portion of our meeting time. But lesson learned! In taking outfit photos over the years I've amassed some pretty useful data in trial and error. The next time I wear this to campus I will pair it with opaque tights.

Details:
Marc by Marc Jacobs lace print dress (ebay find originally sold in 2009) (similar style; similar print)
Streets Ahead bow belt (similar)
Ann Taylor quilted leather flats
Kors watch

Remember, there's still time to enter my eShakti giveaway

1 comment:

Rebecca Lately said...

I love the print on that dress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails