November 04, 2014

Cool Fall Wedding OOTD



I wore this Marc by Marc Jacobs lace Dita dress to a friend's wedding. Snow was predicted for that day so I was stumped over what to wear. I still have many of my dresses in a storage bin, going off the assumption that they're either from my past life or that they will fit my body oddly (since my bustline and waist are larger than they were prior to having a child). I spent a long time just pulling out "cold wear wedding appropriate" pieces and just seeing what zipped. Accordingly, I was running late because of this. So I never managed to pull out a wool coat, hence the casual (but necessary when outside!) trench.

From scrolling through my blog archives, I realized this is the first time I've worn the MBMJ dress since 2010 (as previously blogged here)! The brown/beige colorway still commands a surprising amount of money on Ebay due to its inclusion on Gossip Girl during the height of the show's popularity. While I still am fond of this dress, I don't find many occasions to wear it. The lace overlay and fabric beneath are kind of shiny and therefore it always feels a bit too "fancy" for daytime. But a wedding is the perfect occasion for fancy!



The wedding reception was held at the Edgewood Club which is a beautiful, historic venue in Edgewood, just east of Pittsburgh. I considered it for my own wedding but couldn't choose it due to size. I am always a bit sad when I can't bring Emilia to a wedding (since she has grown to love them!) but Chris and I enjoyed the night out alone. We had a great time dancing, eating, and hanging out with many friends that we don't get to see much these days.

Outfit details:
Marc by Marc Jacobs Dita lace dress
Burberry Brit trench
Spanx tights
Gucci wedges

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails