May 17, 2014

Mother's Day Matchy Match OOTD


Although my semester is long over and I have less on my plate, I am still busy working on my annual review, wrapping up my book proposal, drafting a journal article, and focusing on another project that I can't yet share here. (For the record, I am not pregnant! That's almost always the first thing I think when a blogger writes vaguely about exciting news so I figured I should address it.)

The project (exciting in its own right!) actually started a while back but accelerated in April and is on the cusp of being share-able. I will talk about it as soon as I can. It's taken up the time I usually spend blogging which is part of why I considered stopping last month. But after reading some thoughtful comments and emails and thinking it through, I realized that this space is important to me. I don't have a lot of time to put into it but I think it's worth updating whenever possible. Thank you for following along!

So back to the subject at hand... I decided that Emilia and I should match for Mother's Day. I searched for options that would fit her based on things I already own or would like to buy, and I wound up with a baby gap navy striped dress for her to match something in my closet. I actually wore this dress last Mother's Day (from J. Crew two springs ago)! We got a lot of compliments for matching! And next year when she is big enough for Crewcuts sizes, we will have even more to choose from (J. Crew Factory actually has a few matching mom and daughter pieces! Here's another set for mom and daughter. And this blogger favorite from f21 comes in girls sizes too.).

I had a great Mother's Day and went to South Park to play at the playground, see the bison and other animals, and eat lunch with my family, my parents, and my sister. Sadly, my brother had to work. Later that afternoon we visited my stepmother-in-law and family. And we spent the evening with my mother-in-law and brother-in-law at the Pirates game.


And matching sports clothes is always easy! Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

Details:
J. Crew dress
Old Navy Leggings
MBMJ flats
Pirates hat and shirt

On E:
Baby gap dress
Old Navy leggings
Stride Rite shoes
Pirates hat and shirt

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails