June 12, 2008

Saks second cut sales, Ebay madness, and Good news for my bankbook!

Early Monday morning I was getting ready for class and noticed that Saks.com had made second cuts. So I jumped on the chance to get two dresses I had been e-stalking for a while. The Marc by Marc Jacobs Geo Gems Shantung dress, and the Jovovich-Hawk Roslyn dress.



Both are just my style, even though they are pretty different from each other. I got a free upgrade to rush shipping and received the dresses this afternoon. Sadly, I don't know if I like either (on me) enough to keep. The Geo Gems dress is a little short, so I would only feel comfortable wearing it with tights. And the Roslyn dress is one size too small for my boobs and butt. I am going to search to see if they can locate a size up to exchange.

The Revas I ordered came on Monday and are somehow comfier and more broken in than the other pairs already.

I got these Marc Jacobs shoes in the mail that are shorter heels than the purple versions I already have. They were from ebay but they arrived sort of broken. I am in the process of negotiating with the seller who is being a jerk.


I also got a bunch of antiques and purchased many gifts for loved ones recently which is my favorite kind of shopping. The next post will be all about these gifts, including pictures of some of them. But I have to go to bed now.

The good news is that I secured housing for my fellowship stay in DC! I will be living with a friend for the first half of July then staying in a friend's parents' house in Georgetown for the remaining time. I am very fortunate to come into such a situation because it will ensure that my finances are not stretched immensely by what I thought would be double rent for two months. Now I can save, use excess money to pay off some debts, and perhaps even consume! The first thing on my list is matching iphones for me and Chris. But only after I've saved at least quadruple what they'll cost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just bought the marc jacobs geo gems dress n ebay from some asshole in hong kong who has not sent me the dress and has closed her account with ebay! the situation is in dispute and paypal has refunded me my $ but i'm out the dress! i'm been in love with it since i saw it! i can't find any other one's for sale...you aren't by any chance interested in selling yours?
thanks!
champagne_april@yahoo.com

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I am glad you got your money back from paypal! I would make sure prior to buying this dress on ebay that it is authentic as there are tons of poor quality fakes. Thanks for your offer but I am too happy with the dress to sell it. I hope you can find one! Good luck and thank you for reading! -Jess

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails