July 31, 2010

Streets Ahead Bow Belt




I don't usually linger for long in the accessories section at Saks. It is populated by fancy bags, small leather goods, sunglasses, scarves, and other things I tend to buy either significantly reduced or secondhand. But as I was waiting for my friend so we could head to happy hour, I spotted the cutest bow belt from Streets Ahead. It was made of very supple black leather with trim that looked like zipper teeth. And it was on major sale. I tried on a size medium over my outfit that day and was smitten. And I so happened to need a black leather fashion belt since my Forever 21 standbys were too larger and my Linea Pelle studded double buckle belt is a bit masculine to match with everything.




In other news I tried on the above purple plaid See by Chloé dress last year in DC at Cusp. You can read my initial post on that here. And I don't recall it being quite this sheer (notice my tag in the sideview!) and I don't remember thinking it would require a slip but this obviously does. Yoox had it for a very low price so I decided to order a couple of things to try on at home. I will update with those purchases (one of which might be a special occasion dress if I decide to keep it) in my next update.

After I searched a bit, I couldn't find the Streets Ahead bow belt but I found many others in a range of prices here:


ShopStyle

3 comments:

SunnyDay said...

Pretty and feminine. I was looking at a similar belt on the Anthro site since my black belts are all thick and heavier. I like this one!

Anjali said...

That bow belt is adorable. I can see it working well with many of your future outfits! And I'm adoring the purple plaid of your See by Chloé! Both go well together :) Great buys!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you Desert Flower! I needed a thinner belt too which was why I chose it.

Thanks Goldenmeans! I too think it will become a go-to piece because it seems pretty versatile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails