March 26, 2011

Travessia dress: One that got away...


Before I decided to indulge my love for Anthropologie, I remember admiring the Travessia dress in the shop window. I had no occasion for which it would be appropriate. I also was living alone, off of my modest grad student stipend. Living alone is expensive, even in Pittsburgh. This meant my income was pretty constraining. It was before I took on adjunct work to supplement my income and before I was splitting bills with my partner. I had no reason to need such a fancy frock and no cash with which to buy it. So it passed me by...

Over the years I caught a few reader outfit submissions that included it on Anthroholic. Each reignited my desire for this dress. And then I finally saw one available in the Trade Market of Effortless Anthropologie. I emailed the member and she was the sweetest! I asked her a zillion questions about fit and she was generous enough to send it to me to try. It didn't work out and the side zipper meant that my tailor would have charged an arm and a leg to take it in. But now I have a good idea of what I need. I sent the dress back and reimbursed her for shipping. (If you are reading, I want to reiterate my gratitude, Marcela!) But the hunt is still on!

All of this is to say that if you see for sale a size 8P or 10P in this dress, please let me know! I have a few summer weddings to attend and would love to sport this pretty number for them.

Does anyone else have a running list of "ones that got away?"

12 comments:

Laura Martin said...

My ...one that got away... was Anthro's Jemima Cardi in Orange from the cover of Jan 2008 catalog.

So sorry the Dress didn't fit. Keep looking! It's one gorgeous dress that suits you to a T. Very flattering and perfect colors.

Kristin said...

What a beautiful dress! Good luck finding the right size!

"The one that got away" for me is the cartography cardigan. I started searching for it (in L) even before it went on sale. I still have a tiny bit of hope that I will come across one someday:)

Marcela said...

Wow! I am so sick today, I finally could open my eyes and decided to browse the internet and what a great surprise to see you in this dress!

Good luck finding it! You look taned and that gives a beautiful contrast with the colors of the dress. I look pretty much green like the dress, maybe that's why I don't think it looks good on me.

The one that got away for me is that Sandhill halter dress. Can you believe that there was a new one on Ebay, sz 12, and, for some reason, the seller ended the auction earlier? I SO hope she is willing to list it again!

Midory said...

I think I have TOO MANY that got away! But I totally have to commend you for being persistent in what you like. My mind changes on a day to day basis so to think of something that has gotten away I would have to say the Dagmar shirtdress... I adored that one! And I just loved loved loved it one me.. :( Still working on trying to find one that is not 130 like they sell for on ebay!

Midory said...

and I really really really hope that you continue to search for this dress. I know you will find it because it cant be more perfect on you! The waist hits you just perfectly, the colors are beautiful on you, and the neckline cant be better!

Georgiapeach83 said...

I still want the refined cord dress in red, the bow tied boots and the field game cardigan. The field game cardigan is all my fault for missing out on, but I was waiting for the others to go on sale first and when they did, they sold out so fast I never had a chance =(

red_head4242 said...

The dress looks great on you. I love the neckline and colors. I hope you find it the right fit/one for you.

Josie said...

This is one that got away from me too! I love it so very much! The Into the Woods Dress also got away from me as well, and some red crisscross wedges (the name escapes me right now). I hope you find your dress!

becca said...

That is gorgeous. I hope you find one!

By the way, have you gotten your anthro birthday discount card yet?

JewishGirl said...

oh my gosh, jess, this dress is absolutely GORGEOUS on you. perfect with your coloring. I really hope you're able to find it soon!

Midory said...

Laura I can't agree with your moreeee! I rememeber that in the catalogue there was this beautiful 10 foot tall girl wearing it with washed out jeans. I just loved everything about it!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

:) Thank you! I hope I can track one down.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails