April 28, 2012

Monogrammed Mother's Day Gift Idea


I've written before about my love for initial jewelry and monogramming. And I'm excited to alert readers who are stumped for Mother's Day gift ideas or even bridal party gift ideas (as wedding season approaches!) that adorable and very reasonably priced totes can be found from Simply Bags. The proprietors contacted me not long ago asking if I would consider reviewing one of their products. I agreed and was excited especially because the company is headquartered not far from Pittsburgh (in Akron). They sent me a Stylish Beach Tote that they monogrammed with my initials and shipped with incredible speed.
When the bag arrived I was impressed by its size and the softness of the rope straps. To give you an idea of its scale, it is slightly larger than a large Longchamp Pliage tote. I love the nautical theme with its stripes, rope straps, and monogram. I am eager to take the bag with me on picnics and beach outings this summer. Sadly, the weather and my schedule have not yet cooperated.


It seems quite sturdy and is fully lined with cotton, including a useful interior pocket. I do suspect that the support panel in the bottom of the bag is just corrugated cardboard but because the bag description highlights its eco-friendliness, I appreciate its biodegradability. The jute exterior is thicker than I expected. I do think the monogramming could be thicker. But for its reasonable retail price ($27.99 which includes customizing), I find the bag to be a good value. I just wish I had known about Simply Bags prior to planning my own wedding! I'm glad I know about them now for future gift-giving opportunities because I am thrilled with this cute beach bag!
 
You should know that custom monogrammed bags are final sale and non-returnable so input your information carefully. You can get your first name or your monogram stitched onto just about everything they sell.

Simply Bags is also hosting a beach bag giveaway on their blog. It runs through April 30th so be sure to check it out! 

Disclosure: To be clear, Simply Bags sent me a bag to review on my blog. The opinions expressed in this post are still entirely my own. 

1 comment:

thatdamngreendress said...

sweet idea...always nice to look to local companies too! I had forgotten about mother's day (until my inbox started receiving reminders from stores...) so I have to think of something quick!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails