October 01, 2012

Designer Maternity Reviews: Everly Grey



One of the brands that offers interesting, unique, still-stylish-but-maternity pieces is Everly Grey. I discovered them in my professorial pregnancy wardrobe research and I am glad I did. Although they are only arguably designer-ish, I appreciate that their pieces are unique and stylish. The line retails at much more affordable price points than More of Me Maternity or NOM Maternity, which is great and the above pieces are marked down more than 50% off on Amazon (where I bought them).

The first dress called Kaylee is a faux wrap style in a graphic black and white print. The neckline is a flattering v-shape but the bodice is cut in a way that maintains modesty and coverage. The hemline in the front is draped to be a bit longer where the fabric pieces of the "wrap" collide, giving it visual interest and avoiding the potential problem of a bump "Winnie-the-Poohing" up the length. Although it is a faux wrap, it is not fully sewn or attached like the More of Me Maternity faux wrap (reviewed here). The fabric is rayon/spandex and far less nice than that of the NOM or More of Me options I've seen. But the print is fun and the cut is flattering so I have kept this dress.

The second dress is called the Lilly and it is a simple black jersey knit number that can be dressed up or down with accessories. It has ruched seaming along the v-neckline and waist to create a flattering shape while allowing room for belly. Again the v-shape of the neckline is flattering without over-exposure. This dress is very simple but I appreciate its versatility and the sale price is incredibly affordable. The length is also good for professional contexts. The fabric is a bit thin but this can be solved with a slip if it is of concern. It didn't bother me because I appreciate that this specific blend of rayon and spandex fabric breathes.

Unlike the previously reviewed maternity lines, Everly Grey is not made in the US. The above garments were imported from Vietnam. For the price points, I think the quality is quite good. The fit is on the large side of true to pre-pregnancy sizing. For reference, I am wearing a medium in the printed faux wrap and a large in the jersey dress. The large is quite roomy.

1 comment:

Theodore Thompson said...

Thanks for sharing this information its really nice.

Online maternity clothes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails