August 14, 2013

What I wore to freshman orientation


I just want to reiterate my thanks to those of you who contacted me with kind congratulations about my defense! I think I'm still processing that this chapter of my life is finished. I don't want to get too comfortable because I need to stay on pace to submit a book proposal this fall.

Anyway, I mentioned a backlog of outfits and the above is one of them. During the summer, faculty representatives on my campus attend orientation events for incoming students so that students and parents can begin to make connections with the campus community. On this particular day, I was there to represent the major and offer advice regarding the curriculum and a first semester schedule.

I met some lovely students that I hope to have in my classes this school year! And I wore a button front, cotton Anthropologie dress that allowed me to stay cool as I ran from building to building and  easily pump in between meetings.

Details:
Anila Shirtdress from Anthro
Kors watch
Rumina nursingwear tank underneath (c/o)
MBMJ Mouse flats

I know I keep saying this but I swear I am posting the giveaway tomorrow. It is ready to go. I just have been dotting i's and crossing t's and running a million errands to wrap up my doctorate.

3 comments:

mark a. said...

you look lovely in this outfit!

Mary said...

Congratulations to you, Jessica, on your successful dissertation defense! That is a huge milestone. And I love your dress.

Rebecca Lately said...

You look lovely! I really like that dress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails