April 16, 2014

Speaking of Violetta... an Oldie Kate Spade OOTD


As you can probably surmise, this outfit is from last month when there was still a lot of snow on the ground. And it isn't the oldest in my backlog of outfits to post...

This semester I have struggled more than ever to balance work and life, leaving the blog to fall low on my list of priorities. My parenting blog has seen one update since Emilia turned 1. And this one hasn't seen much more. Although I still like keeping this space and I really value the small flashes of time I have to catch up with my favorite blogs (linked in my blogroll), my posting has stalled from necessity. For the first time since I began blogging in 2008, I have felt a bit of uncertainty as to whether I should continue with Consume or Consumed. This is a hobby that I continue to enjoy but documenting and contemplating the rationale behind my purchases is no fun if I'm not really coveting much in the first place. I can count on one hand how many Anthropologie trips I've made in the last year and even when I do go I wind up feeling too scatterbrained to offer helpful reviews later.  

I will likely reassess things once my semester ends. I'm currently in the thick of end-of-term insanity with a mountain of papers to grade and student emails to answer. Surely that reality is clouding my thinking.

Details (interestingly fairly similar to the last outfit I posted):
Kate Spade Dress
Aqua Cashmere Cardi
Spanx tights
MBMJ shoes

10 comments:

thatdamngreendress said...

ah, look at that lovely sunshine peeking through your hair! The weather this winter/spring has been so all over the place I think no one would know this is a throwback outfit post! Yeesh- here it was 24 degrees on Monday, and then plummeted back down to -6 within 24 hours. (er...this sounds even better/worse in fahrenheit...75 down to 21!)
Love the navy and grey!

Gnome Lover said...

You look great, despite the freezing cold! I cannot imagine the temperatures. I will be sad if you quit the blog. I would definitely wait to evaluate after everything passes. Life can be so overwhelming, especially in the midst of all of the gloomy grey. Plus, raising a child! Oh my gosh! So hard. Life is so short at the end of the day, you should do what makes you happy.

I hope you are having a peaceful week!

For what it is worth, I have blog outfits from November I haven't posted!!! : )

Jenni

Lou (whatlouwore365) said...

Feeling the same way about what'll happen with my blog in a few weeks when baby #2 arrives! I shutdown running on Anthro when Elodie arrived as I just didn't have time. I started again when around her first birthday as I was back at work, she napped a lot & I was in a rut! I'd miss you too but stay on Insta if you do decide to shut this down eventually as I love seeing what you & Miss Emilia are up to!x

Annie said...

I can understand how busy you must be. I enjoy your thoughtful approach to blogging. It is wonderful and inspiring to see someone dress for real life and real life situations. I hope you will continue to blog.

Gennara said...

I've had to come to the conclusion that keeping a blog is not practical and enjoying real life is more important. Hope your decision works out to be best for you whatever that may be.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you for your comment, Annie. I am probably going to feel less overwhelm once my grades are submitted this time next week. I hope to continue with the similar (i.e. really relaxed) pace of updates since that's what I can manage without taking away time from work and family. I really appreciate your encouragement!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you for your input, Lou! I think it's great that you returned to blogging once you were able and I think that attitude is the right one to have.



I will definitely keep sharing on instagram. It's so easy to do so while kid-wrangling that it makes more sense for my current life. I hope you are feeling well and wish you luck with the final weeks of your pregnancy!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you so much, Jenni. I subscribed to your blog a while back and enjoy reading the updates I get in my email on my phone every morning. I am going to reevaluate in a week or so when my final grades are submitted and my term is over. I have a nice break during the summer to research and write with relative independence and if I have room to put some stuff here I likely will!



It does make me feel better to know that others also have a backlog from 2013! haha

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you for reading, Sarah! The weather is so nuts lately. Hopefully things stabilize soon haha .

Jess M said...

Hi Jess, I just wanted to say that I hope you do keep blogging although I can understand that it would be tough keeping up with everything. I have had so much fashion inspiration from you and really appreciate your intelligent approach to both fashion and life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails