April 01, 2015

Belted and Unbelted OOTD


I wore this to campus for an event then repeated it on a teaching day a month or so later. The details didn't changed very much, as you can see. When I belt this dress I worry that it looks too short but I feel properly covered as long as I put a layer underneath and wear it with tights.


I was surprised to see this dress pop up for sale on Yoox recently. It is many years old (from 2009 maybe?). I found it on ebay after buying the green and navy colorway from the end of season sale at Barneys. I am a little sad to see the Marc by Marc line being discontinued since it produced some of my favorite pieces over the years. I hope that the spirit of the designs carry forward under the newly announced Hillier Bartley brand.

Outfit details:
Marc by Marc Jacobs dress (old)
Natori slip underneath (found at Gabriel Brothers for $5!)
ChloƩ zipper flats in photo 1
Sam Edelman boots in photo 2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails