February 05, 2018

J. Jill OOTD

J. Jill Gingham Rayon Twill Shirtdress, Spanx tights, Sam Edelman booties

Over the last few years I have had a harder time finding styles that I like in stores and from my former go-to brands. I just don't like many of the recent trends. But I still wanted to shop for new clothes. To do so, I decided to expand my shopping horizon.

I wound up checking out J. Jill because someone recommended that I try their cropped and ankle length leggings. Due to their high waist, they worked really well for me during my pregnancy with Rosie. I became so attached to them that I wound up grabbing a few pairs in smaller sizes for postpartum. Those leggings were my foray into J. Jill. Over the last few months I have also found a number of cute dresses in their sale section.

I am not sure if I am yet in their target demographic, age-wise. From their own website, they aim to attract a baby boomer customer base. But I find the fabrics to be of good quality and the styles to be appealing while remaining professional and modest.

The above pictured dress is one of the items I bought from them last fall. I already had a checked shirt dress very similar to this from Old Navy but the fabric was starting to show wear. It definitely was becoming too shabby for work. I was happy to grab this Gingham Rayon-Twill Shirtdress during a very good sale (I paid less than it is selling for right now). It has side pockets and a buttonless placket. It is nursing friendly though not as easily pumping friendly. The fabric is substantial without being stiff. I'm wearing it with Sam Edelman booties and Spanx tights.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails