April 14, 2009

More Trompe L'Oeil Details Via Etsy and Eley Kishimoto

Since I posted about the Moschino Trompe L'Oeil pieces I've been hunting for something to add to my closet. And a few stylish friends have enabled the process with their tips! Laurenhockey alerted me to this Etsy "Tennis" dress with an embroidered trompe l'oeil belt and buttons from seller, Encouragementaward.


I kind of wish it had sleeves and was available in another color. But I think it is pretty great as is!

Then, I discovered via a messageboard this perfectly adorable Eley Kishimoto dress with Peter Pan and princess seam trompe l'oeil piping:

It also features an unfortunately astronomical price tag.
But I can dream and stalk for sales!

7 comments:

Dream Sequins said...

Did you see those Comme des Garcons trompe l'oeil coats for Fall 09? They were pretty spectacular, too. Loving the idea of trompe l'oeil to take something old school and make it modern. You're inspiring me :)

A Stylized Hysteria said...

God, that last dress is stunning. And the colors remind me of Charlie Brown, which is always a plus!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I didn't see the Comme des Garcons coats but I will keep an eye out. Thank you for the tip, Dream Sequins!

Najeema, I agree on the Charlie Brown feel of the second one. If only it wasn't so obscenely expensive.

Lulu said...

i loveee the first dress!
soo cute!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

It IS! Thanks for reading, Silvie!

MissKarenAshley said...

That dress is super cute. Loves it!

lucitebox said...

Hi there. I have something a little bit unusual in that the trompe l'oiel is created with beading. I thought I'd share it with you.

http://www.lucitebox.com/item.php?tab=Dresses&item_ID=25

Also--don't forget to look at Roberta Di Camerino vintage dresses. Her trompe l'oeil is some of the very best I've ever seen. And, I, too, LOVE Moschino. Also, didn't Prada do some of it as well in the mid/late 90s?

Holly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails