March 27, 2010

Fitting Room Reviews: Anthropologie


I loved the interior fabric lining of the Two Paths Trench by Idra and was thrilled to see that it came in dress form, called the Rainforest Morning Shirtdress. I tried it on in store and was not disappointed.
 
Although the skirt was not straight in the photo, the fit was true to size (I took an 8 which is what I typically wear in this style of dress). I really liked the pockets! The sleeves were a bit snug but I sometimes have that problem. 
The Blooming Sapphire Wrap dress was plentiful in my local Anthropologie's sale section and when I tried it on, the reason became clear to me.
It was not flattering on my curvy figure at all. They were out of my regular size so I took one down and that might have caused the problem. It was too shortwaisted and although I liked the look of the flowy fabric (it looked beautiful amid a dressing room twirl, for example), it just looked dumpy on me.
The Reed Shirtdress comes in solids and plaids. It has been a favorite among Anthropologie addicts but it was far less exciting on me. I think perhaps the length was the problem. I found it to be TTS but I have heard one should size up. This is an 8.
I think belting this dress makes a huge difference as shown by the lovely and stylish Rosa of Love at First Shop and Becca of Bea is for Beautiful. But I had no belt with me to see. The retail of $118 is just low enough (relatively speaking, for Anthropologie) that I wonder if it will last long enough to go on sale?
The New York New York dress looked so pretty when I saw it on Golden Means, that I just couldn't resist trying it on in person. 
I loved the neckline. I loved the saturated painterly colors of the print. But I wasn't impressed by the quality. I also don't often buy sleeveless dresses. Although I didn't buy anything I am glad to know the size I would need, should sales render some of these items more tempting! Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

sarah skelton said...

i loveee the plaid one on you, actually!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you! I kind of want to go back and try it with a belt in tow.

Unknown said...

i agree, the reed shirtdress is so cute on you!

Persephone said...

I also really love the plaid on you! Makes you look like a modern day Rosie the Riveter for some reason.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you Rosa and Chloƫ!

I hope it makes it to sale. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails