October 29, 2010

Anna Sui Hippie Drug Rug Dress


I got this on ebay a while back for less than the price of an Anna Sui for Target dress, on sale. And I wonder if I had Sui Goggles? It is kind of... boho but also kind of... drug rug.

 
The material is burlap-like. And the embroidery seems better suited for a Phish concert than teaching. Still I wore it because when you get dressed at 6 am after going to bed at 2, any garment that is quick and easy to wear makes sense to you. What do you think? I am guessing this was from the 90s. And I'm kind of ok with that.

6 comments:

Raquelita said...

My mind wouldn't have run to drug rug without the suggestion.

Have we ever talked about how much I love your specs?

Theressa Lauw said...

It's cute, not drug rug-ish at all. I love the flats you paired them with too.

Cynthia said...

Yeah, it's colorful but in a muted way. I think it's kind of awesome.

SunnyDay said...

I like it. I think it has a little ethnic vibe, the colors are perfect for fall.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

La Historiadora, thank you! I am not sure if we have. They are by a local Pittsburgh designer named Norman Childs and sold through Pittsburgh eyeglass retailer, Eyetique.

Overcaffeinated, thanks so much! I really coveted these flats for a while and was glad to find them for cheapish on ebay.

Cynthia, thank you! That is too sweet!

Desert Flower, I liked its ethnic vibe and didn't realize how dayglow the embroidery would be in person.

Swati - The girl who loves colorful clothing said...

oh my that dress is gorgeous ...... gorgeous in the sense drop dead gorgeous .. if u ever plan to sell that dress ....then count me in .. did i say it's beautiful !!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails