March 31, 2011

Meeting Attire

See by ChloƩ Trail Print Dress (spring 2009)
NY&co Blazer (from Gabriel Brothers)
Spanx Tight End Tights
Steven by Steve Madden Director pumps
Necklace from Chris

When it warmed up for a few days I had another big meeting scheduled and was thrilled to have my "outerwear" be this simple blazer. It was a $10 Gabriel Brothers find that originally came from New York and Company (or maybe the Limited... I can't remember which). I paired it with this relatively toned down printed dress. I wonder if I should think about finding a few plain, solid color pieces that are reserved for times when I need to up my professorial professional ante? Skirt suits would frankly be overboard for the majority of scenarios when I need to look the part.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I have the hardest time with meeting/professional attire. It is something I have been thinking about/working on a lot recently. When I think of professional attire, I instantly think of black, gray, suit, boring, etc. When I have to dress the part, that is what I reach for, and then I feel dark and boring all day! This outfit is a great example of professional attire that is still interesting and "you".

noelvallens said...

ah! what a lovely coat/blazer. it's amazing. i'm a blazer addict myself and have one for every day. sadly, NYC is not a very blazer weather-friendly city though. our in-between months last for like 2 weeks. it's either super hot or cold.

Amblus said...

Cute! I LOVE the dress. Such a great print.

carly - strawberryheelsforever said...

I struggle with knowing what to wear for professional attire as well! Since I'm currently teaching in an elementary school, I can totally get away with wearing quirky prints and all of my amazing Anthro dresses, but when I have professional development meetings and interviews and stuff, I never know what to wear. Your outfit is great for the professional vibe!

Alecia Us said...

Providing Bangladesh Garments Exporters, Bangladesh Garment Factory and Industry, Bangladesh Clothing Manufacturers and Bangladesh Textile Industry List.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails