April 28, 2011

Royal wedding fever

If I have my druthers, we'll be seeing Kate Middleton sporting McQueen tomorrow. I love these looks.


This goth-tastic number has been a non-traditional wedding favorite of mine since it first debuted in 2006. Alas, I could never track one down before my own big day (I realize even if I had it would have been out of my price range but a gal can dream). A long, poofier, princess-silhouette version of this would be jaw-dropping and royally unconventional!


The shipwrecked, tattered romance of this tufted ruffle dress would convey a modern cynicism that might be interpreted negatively by the press but that I personally would adore.


Something about the sculptural halter detail evokes modern royalty in my brain. I think they'd need to make it more grand with a cathedral train.

I expect there will be more than one dress, as speculated by the royally obsessed wedding fashion press. But I do hope the rumors are true and that some homage to old McQueen is in the mix.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You were right on the money!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails