June 13, 2011

Artist's Rendering Dress Review

(Excuse the sleeping eyes and the food baby)

Like many Anthro-lovers, I was enamored of the catalog photo of the Artist's Rendering Dress. It looked so painterly and beautiful. The in-store version was a little less thrilling, but I cannot deny any unique print the chance to wow me. I tried it on last week and was disappointed. It just wasn't cut to fit my body. I am wearing a 10 which was still snug on my hips but a bit big at the neckline. The dress is lined and has pockets. It didn't have a sash. It was a bit long on me and emphasized the fact that I had lunch before arriving at the store. I am passing because even the print cannot make me look past a shape that does not flatter my figure at all. I'm sure it will be great on another body though!

2 comments:

carly-strawberryheelsforever said...

I do think it looks lovely on you, but if you're not diggin it then it's not worth it.  And you're right - shape is way more important than print.  If a garment doesn't have shape then the print won't matter anyway.  This reminds me a lot of the Violet Gloaming dress which has an odd fit on me, too! 

thatdamngreendress said...

I am totally in love with the idea of this dress, but yeah, I think the cut and fabric are going to be hard for many!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails