September 01, 2012

A late summer wedding in Shabby Apple Maternity


Last weekend, my family and I ventured to the beautiful Hartwood Acres Mansion, north of Pittsburgh to celebrate the wedding of my cousin's first born. The weather was perfect and the grounds were spectacular. I was eager to wear my aptly named Anticipation Dress from Shabby Apple's adorable maternity line.

It's hard to come by stylish maternity clothing that still suits my aesthetics and tastes. But this dress hits all the marks. It has unique details at the neckline, to draw attention upward. It has a flattering a-line shape with generous room for a growing belly (for reference, I was a day shy of 26 weeks pregnant here). The fabric stretches just enough to be forgiving while maintaining a sense of structure. By the end of a hot day it did show some wrinkles but I still felt comfortable and put together. And by adding a belt, I was able to showcase what is left of my waist. The dress features a side zip and is long enough to maintain modesty, even after a pregnant stomach is tucked beneath it.

 My sister and I didn't plan this but we totally matched!

I am also drawn to the pleated bodice of Shabby Apple's Fruitful dress. I love the orange color for a fall maternity wardrobe. I wish more vintage inspired boutiques offered maternity clothing options! I am grateful Shabby Apple has the selection they do.

I can't wait to debut this pretty dress on campus. Despite the fancy neckline, I think I can style it for my workplace. One of the benefits of working in the university context is that you are afforded more flexibility to be creative with clothes.

BTW, this week's belly shots are up on my pregnancy blog

Outfit details:
Shabby Apple Anticipation Dress (c/o)
Anthropologie belt (similar here)
Saks Fifth Avenue pumps
Vintage Chanel flap (vintage chanel bag here; tromp l'oeil tote here; similar style here)
Kors watch; vintage necklace, starfish cuff

3 comments:

standingcinema said...

That dress is great! You (and your sis!) look beautiful.

respect_the_shoes said...

I love the detailing around the neck - such a pretty dress!

thatdamngreendress said...

You look gorgeous- this dress is so well designed! It's beautiful, and looks both detailed and shapely...I love that you and your sister are perfectly in sync!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails