September 19, 2012

Functional vs Fashionable Technology



When I first began working at my current job, I was given a fairly basic laptop and very simple, utilitarian laptop bag that honestly thrilled me. I was so excited just to have a job, let alone one that was outfitting me with gear. Sure the bag was so functional that it bordered on hideous, but I carried it proudly to and from class whenever I needed it. Something about this pragmatic bag made me feel like a legit professional.

As the months passed and I felt more and more settled in my position, I thought about replacing that boring bag. Did I really need to sacrifice form for function? After all, I already posted about my love for clever yet practical tablet cases. I still haven't found a bag that will fit my work laptop, necessary accessories/cords, and miscellaneous course materials, while being comfortable and attractive. But the collaboration depicted above between Project Runway All Stars winner, Mondo Guerra gives me hope.

I've been watching Project Runway since its inception. Frankly, the main reason I watched the All Stars season was to root for Mondo and his vibrant, 60s-inspired designs. HP has partnered with Mondo for a design project that resulted in stylish, limited edition, tech-friendly Ultrabook™ bags. And HP has since launched a contest to decide what other fashionably functional tech-friendly bags to make next . You can vote for your favorite by going here.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails