April 13, 2015

Consultant OOTD


I wore this to meet with representatives from a local nonprofit organization for whom I am consulting on digital media strategy, in partnership with our university's center for applied research. It feels great to put my academic skill set and professional background to use toward causes and institutions that serve the broader community. But I never know what to wear for these sorts of things. It's impossible to predict how buttoned up people will be (and perhaps therefore expect you to be). I don't tend to wear suits ever. I have suit-esque pieces in my wardrobe but I am not crazy about them (or how they fit me right now). So I tend to err on the side of "creative conservative." I decided to wear neutral, borderline monochromatic pieces that featured visual details that still felt like me.

Details:
Old Navy dress
Anthropologie jacket (called Chatham Dress Topper)
Spanx tights
Petty Boots

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails