April 24, 2015

Printed lace OOTD


It snowed in Pittsburgh today. I am not surprised because I recall many Aprils with snow and this was just flurries. But because it is cold again I figured I can share some winter outfits I never got around to posting. So here is one.

I wore this earlier in the semester when it was still quite cold. The first time I posted an outfit with the dress was last fall after I wore it during the first week of classes in the fall semester. I was able to wear it without many layers back then. It was an ebay find so I didn't realize that it was unlined when I bought it. Thankfully I have slips that work with it.

This was another time when I had to take the photos at the very end of a very long day and my camera was producing a lot of glare from my glasses. I don't remember much about this day other than the dress yielding many compliments, even from students. The lace is just a print but I really like the colors. I actually have a matching laptop sleeve.

I did wind up placing an order during the Boden sale, with the intention to wear the Lindsey dress to graduation and for Mother's Day a few weeks later. Sadly, my instinct to go with the longer length  was incorrect and the dress is too long on me. I will likely exchange for the regular length and do a full review. I am a little bummed because graduation is Saturday. But it's silly to be bummed because I march in the faculty procession so my dress isn't even visible until afterward. Plus it's not my day to shine. Hopefully the regular length will work!

Details:
Marc by Marc Jacobs dress (from ebay)
Cece cardigan
Spanx tights
Petty boots (30% off at Nordstrom who are price-matching someone... maybe Saks? Dark brown are on sale for even less money than the price-match promo!)
Natori Slip and 3/4 sleeve Halftee (c/o) layered underneath 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails