December 23, 2011

Christmas came early


I was so excited to see a surprise package among my mail when I retrieved it from the post office this morning. Plenty of gratitude is due to my Fashionism Secret Santa Elf, Cece who did a fantastic job finding presents that suit my tastes.

She bought me a beautiful vintage initial necklace, a bluray copy of Fellini's glorious aesthetic masterpiece, 8 1/2 (Criterion Collection!), a pretty paisley print zip pouch, some chocolate covered pretzels from Dylan's Candy Bar, and some Cadbury chocolate ornaments. I feel truly spoiled and truly lucky!!

Now to share some holiday cheer, I have been enjoying a soulful Christmas music mix assembled by a friend and fell in love with this one by the great Solomon Burke.


Enjoy and Happy Holidays to you and yours! 

8 comments:

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I hope you had an amazing holiday, Tricia!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Same to you, Carol!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Happy holidays, Laura!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I love that song. I wish I had discovered it earlier in the holiday season. Next year!

I just love the general over-the-top-ness of 8 1/2. I haven't had a lot of time to watch my favorite movies but plan to really relish in enjoying this gift asap.

Laura Martin said...

Kudos to your Secret Santa Elf!  Sounds like she knows you well.  The music has me happily toe tapping the floor.  Merry Christmas Jess!  

thatdamngreendress said...

Great song!  That's such a sweet and well-thought out selection.  I haven't watched 81/2 in years...although we actually just bought a copy recently so...

carol_prettythings said...

Merry Christmas, Jess! Hope you and your family have a very happy one. =)

Tricia Mickelsen Thomas said...

What a thoughtful gift!  Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails