December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve OOTN

J. Crew top
Kate Spade skirt (current season version here, others on sale here and here)
BP cardi (that I left in my purse all night)

There were many contenders in the running for my Christmas Eve Outfit of the Night. But I ultimately chose this combo because it felt festive. Every year the Italian side of my family gets together for the Feast of the Seven Fishes. And like many Italian families, there are a lot of us! I look forward to it as soon as the holiday season begins because I get to catch up with relatives and eat the incredible seafood made by my aunts and cousins. Chris might look even more forward to it than I do because of his deep, abiding love for baccala (salted cod). It is one of those annual events where I have an elephant's memory for my outfits. I remember what I wore when I was 8 and what I wore when I was 28. So I always toil a little over the possibilities. But I was pleased with my final ensemble. And I had a wonderful time! Happy holidays!

9 comments:

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I worry that it is a tradition that will not get passed on because only my aunt knows the recipes and as she gets older it becomes more and more difficult to execute so much food in such a short period of time. I need to learn! And if you have a big family, it's something to consider too (along with a lot of delegation because it seems like way too much for one person to execute).

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I really didn't care for the fish growing up. A lot of my cousins' children gravitate toward all things non-fish. But now that I'm a bit older I really appreciate the tastes (and all the salt! haha).

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

YUM indeed! That sounds amazing. I ate a lot of salt cod when I went to Brazil (perhaps in part because there's such a large population of Brazilian Portuguese).

Christina said...

I love the outfit :) My family used to do the seven fish, but we don't anymore! I miss it!

tasty moog said...

(specifically, bacalhau a gomes de sá!)

tasty moog said...

we didn't do feast of the seven fishes, but, being portuguese, we did have bacalhau and shrimp mozambique on christmas eve. yum!

carol_prettythings said...

Very cute! Love your final ensemble. :D

M. said...

I've always wanted to do a 7 fishes dinner, but, alas, I come from a manicotti/lasagne family on Christmas Eve. In-laws too. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails