February 22, 2009

Back from NYC, Lots of updates to do, but here is a quick shot of my petticoat!

My stylish colleague over at Style Tribe noticed and cleverly branded the emerging visible slip trend as the Wispy Little Thing (WLT) and I LOVE that. Be sure to check out her analysis!

To continue this theme, I received my petticoat from ebay. It is longer than I anticipated, so I had to roll the top of it, Catholic school girl style, but I am very pleased with the garment. I took some quick iphone mirror shots of it and look forward to finding the perfect voluminous topskirt to pair with it, ala the gorgeous Abaete Nancie skirt.

I am strategizing how to alter the length. I obviously cannot take it up from the bottom, as it would eliminate the scalloped hem detail that makes it so special. I will probably try to hem from the top after consulting my mother who's sewing skills are far more advanced than my own. What do you think?


Michael Hoffman said...

Great to see you back on the blogging horse. I can't contribute much on the exposed slip front (except to say that it seems to have similar appeal on a purely aesthetic front to a white linen pocket square), but I do hope that there's a post coming about Chris' tweed coat!

Rosa said...

that is so gorgeous!!! and i am insanely jealous of your abaete skirt!

Rosa said...

oops i thought that *was* the abaete skirt! looks fab regardless

Jesspgh said...

Thanks Michael and Rosa! I wish I had the real Abaete skirt. I think it is sold out most places. But I am trying to make due.


Related Posts with Thumbnails