March 31, 2010

Dog walks, dinner, and errands: OOTD

It was bright and warm today in the sun, but windy and brisk in the shade. I managed this confusing but springlike mix with comfortable layers. I purposely misbuttoned the jacket to give it some asymmetry.

Military button jacket from the juniors section at Burlington Coat Factory (similar here and here)
Boyfriend cardigan from Forever 21 layered underneath (similar here)
T-shirt from Old Navy  
Ann Taylor Loft Cords (similar here)
Chloe zipper flats (similar and reasonably priced here, here, and here
MBMJ Dinosaur tote bag (similar but fancy with cool Trompe L'oeil details here; similar but reasonable with cool Trompe L'oeil details here)

Wore this to dinner the other night. Now that I am seeing the photograph, I feel a lot less confident in the execution.

Black Marc by Marc Jacobs cardigan (similar here)
Old Navy long sleeve tshirt in purple underneath
Printed Target Ruffle Skirt (in purple here but it also comes in black, pink, and printed)
Jimmy Choo Morse flats in purple (here)
Vintage Coach satchel


I guess they aren't that similar but I am sure my love for this skirt was what subconsciously influenced me to buy the Target one.

7 comments:

Tien said...

You casual outfit is really chic!

And that DVF piece is amazing. I could totally see you rocking that.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you, Tien! I love the skirt in theory but think my hippy figure would not really do the skirt justice. I liked the Target one because the tiered ruffles lay very flat.

A Stylized Hysteria said...

OMG DVF SKIRT! Lemming created. Thanks a lot, Jess!:) I didn't even realize your jacket was mis-buttoned, it looks natural- normal? Not sure which is the right word.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thanks Najeema! That skirt would be incredible on you! You have the great gams to pull it off.

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i love the assymetrical-buttoning technique. it is such a terrific way to make something more interesting. (p.s. thank you for your sweet comment and congrats on the impending defense--that's big news!)

Brianna said...

I really like how you buttoned your coat in the first outfit, adds a level of chicness

Carole said...

I'm loving how you misbuttoned your jacket -- so clever. Both the DVF and Target skirts are great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails