April 30, 2010

Mother's Day Gifting: Inspirations and Ideas



Because Mother's Day creeps up quickly, I figured I would assemble an inspiration gifting board. 

I am fortunate to have many women to celebrate on Mother's Day, annually. Although my grandmothers have since passed, I have a number of strong women who have been maternal figures in my life. My mother and Chris's mother and step-mother support, love, and advise me regularly and demonstrate to me their wisdom. We also have many aunts who have shown us love and support. And we know a number of moms with whom we are dear friends. 

Although my budget is constrained because of the wedding, I have been thinking carefully about how to honor our three immediate figures of maternity in addition to the cards I plan to send to aunts. On Mother's Day morning, I will be participating in the Pittsburgh chapter of the Komen Foundation's Annual Race and Walk benefiting the fight against breast cancer with Chris and his mom. After that I will spend the afternoon with my mom. And the evening we will spend with Jane. The time we spend together making memories is of course far more valuable than anything material. But for better or worse, most occasions of celebration include the presentation of some type of memento or good. I don't yet know what I will gift to them, but I am excited to come up with some things that are hopefully thoughtful and personal to each of them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails