April 29, 2010

Dressing Room Reviews: Saks and OOTD

This Marc by Marc Jacobs dress in an ethnic diamond print was so cute in person that even though it was full price I had to try it on. They were out of the 8 so I grabbed the 6 and it was plenty roomy. This style runs large. And I can't seem to find the above anywhere online. I've found a few similar ones in the same lovely print.

Next I tried on a few Marc by Marc Jacobs cardigans.
This Sofi Belted sweater reminded me of the western/Aztec inspired prints I would admire at long-closed Century III Mall chain stores (I *think* it was called Capezio like the dance shoe company but my memory is fuzzy). I tried on a size medium. And although it was true to size, it was sort of a nightmare on me. Regardless, the quality of the weaving and the saturated colors were very striking in person. It is available here and here.
The Tracy Pointelle Sweater comes in both ivory and black. Ivory was on the sale rack and really lovely. This is a size medium. See it in black here.
What I wore that day. Two Paths Trench from Anthropologie, See by Chloe paisley print shift dress.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first dress looks great on you and I love the pointelle cardigan!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you, CC! I hope I can find the dress once sale time rolls around.

Tien said...

The first dress is phenomenal on you! I hope sale times come fast! You have to have it!

I always love seeing you in the trench!

Unknown said...

the two paths trench looks so great with that paisley print!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you Tien and Rosa!

grechen said...

i LOVE that first dress on you!!!!!!
and i do love that marc by mj "aztec" cardigan, but the shape is so strange...wish they'd done a better job with that.

amy kelinda said...

Oh wooow, the Marc Jacobs dress looks amazing on you! The print and color and even the slight sweetheart neckline is just perfection! And I am SUPER JEALOUS of your Two Paths trench!

Kaye said...

That belted sweater is so cool but not something I think I could pull off haha

Carole said...

I am loving the Marc dress and the pointelle sweater very much. You know, sales should be starting soon -- I seem to recall first mark downs coming shortly after tax season. You look great in your OOTD too!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

The votes of confident on the MBMJ dress make it hard to wait! But I must. :) Thank you gretchen, amy kelinda, and Carole! I am definitely going to stalk the sales.

Kaye, I love the sweater in theory but the shape was a big mess on me. Maybe it would work on someone who has lithe limbs and what not?

Allie said...

That MbyMJ dress is TDF on you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails