August 04, 2010

Nanette Lepore Stella Dallas Dress Altered!


I got this Nanette Lepore dress on ebay for a very low price but learned once it arrived that it ran pretty big, particularly in the waist, armhole, and bust. I tried my best to make it work as is, but realized that a professional could probably make it more wearable for all seasons. Although my tailor couldn't fix the waistline (the fabric detail was too thick for a machine to be trusted), he did tighten the sleeves and taper the bust. Here is the before:


Much better!

8 comments:

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

You are WORKING this dress. I love it! Great poses too.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

haha! Kate, I had to do SOMETHING cause I took these sans make up.

Tien said...

Beautiful! That dress is a perfect fall staple. So glad you made it work for you.

No Guilt Fashion said...

It is such a gorgeous dress. I'm glad you could fix it.
noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

elaina said...

YOU LOOK SO TAN!!!!!!!!!!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you Tien!

NoGuiltFashion, me too! thanks for reading! I am excited to check out your blog!!

Elaina, lol!! Not nearly as tan as you are but this sun soaked plan is being foiled by Pittsburgh's rainsoakedness.

Ashley said...

Your dress came out great! It looks fabulous on you! :)

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Anjali said...

Gorgeous, Jess, just beautiful :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails