August 15, 2010

Seaglass Garden Cover-up Review


The second cut sale of this beaded, beachy "Seaglass Garden" cover up from Anthropologie (ID 053188) was tempting. Although my typical size medium was sold out on the website, small and large remained. I ended up going against my gut and trying the small. I figured that a stretchy material meant to be worn over a bathing suit was better off being snug than overly billowing. Besides, a coverup will get wet and wet fabrics stretch out. I think I made the right decision but honestly, it seemed like a large would have been fine too. With a matching fabric tie belt and a gathered elastic waist, it seems like the fit of this would only change significantly in length.


The beading is very nice and substantial. The waist tie is trimmed with more beads at the ends. And although it is somewhat sheer as one would expect from a cover up, I wore it as a regular dress (with a slip underneath) to dinner on Friday, following a late afternoon swim at one of the city pools (Polish Hill aka hipster beach, aka Polish Hill Country Club, aka the most serene of any public pool I've ever visited!).

Although I would have never purchased this cover up at asking retail, I think it is a great value for the quality at the second cut sale price point so if you are thinking of tracking one down, don't wait! I plan to keep this for many years of swimming to cover up chicly afterwards. And I will definitely be packing it for Rio in December (aka honeymoon leg 2).

6 comments:

roxyturtle said...

Very pretty! Love the beading around the neckline. Got a kick out of your "demonstrating the batwing" pose too. :)

SunnyDay said...

What a perfect tropical honeymoon dress!

Sara said...

Yay! I have this cover-up on it's way to me right now and I've been wondering how it will look IRL. That's cute for $20. I hope it looks as good on me...

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joelle van dyne said...

that's really cute! i love the beading and the sleeves. and it's great that it can totally be worn as a dress. ~joelle

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Roxy, The batwing was such a nice feature, I had to capture it. :)

Desert Flower, I agree!

Sara, I think it is a really good value and hope you like it in person too!

Joelle, although it isn't as versatile as your new necklace it sort of reminded me of that similar visual interest that is added from a beaded piece. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails