September 20, 2010

Recent Outfit Post: Curled Zinnias and Precious Metals

I was so excited when the Precious Metals cardigan went on a quick sale. The big bow was so fun but the price tag was too high at retail. I wore the above to my most recent dress fitting for the wedding. Precious Metals cardigan from Anthropologie; Leifsdottir dress via Gilt; Chie Mihara Lumi flats; Spanx tights; and my Larrimor's Burberry score.

My future mother-in-law came with me and got to see the dress in person for the first time. I was excited to show her the beautiful space and selection at Anne Gregory. And I was thrilled that she loved my dress as much as I do! Afterwards, we had cocktails at Mitchell's in the Galleria and stopped by Anthropologie. It was a very fun afternoon! I don't have a lot of time to update with the wedding fast approaching but I hope to do an entry this week that is wedding-focused.  And write a bit more than just a fast snapshot and outfit description. We'll see if I can find the spare time.

Regardless, thank you for bearing with me while I try to keep things active around here even though I lack the time to write more thoughtful and involved posts.


gee said...

your wedding is coming exciting!!!!!!!!!!
i can not wait to see your dress.
i really need to get my mother in law into Anthro..BUT she is the mother of 3 boys and i believe she would faint at the sight of the prices...hahaha.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I don't know how you have managed to do wedding planning, finish grad school, and start a tenure-track job! You are a wonder woman!

I know I've said this before, but I love this dress! If you ever tire of it, do send it my way! :)

Lady Cardigan said...

You look totally great. I love that cardigan.

SLC said...

jesspgh - did you end up getting the dagmar on sale? i did but i'm not sure i want to keep it. just feel worried that the flowers are "too much"

triciathomas said...

I love that dress!!! Good luck wedding planning!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Gee, thank you! I am excited to share my dress here! Can't believe how time is flying... The prices at anthro are high which is why we made a b-line for the sale section! haha

La Historiadora, oh man I WISH I was Dr. Jess Pgh. I am sadly not yet finished with the phd which means I am not technically done with grad school. But it does feel kind of masochistic to have all this stuff happening at once. Sleep feels truly indulgent and I probably shouldn't be allowing myself to do it at all in order to get everything done. :( Thanks for the compliment!! If I tired of it, I will let you have dibs.

Lady cardigan, thank you!

SLC, I didn't get it even on sale. I do love the print but now that it is getting colder, I am all about rust, orange, and auburn. That red is almost too true for me to be drawn to it this time of year... I will kick myself for skipping it come spring though. It is lovely!

tricia, thank you so much!

SLC said...

Hi jesspgh - that is a great idea about the benefit concert. I think I am going to return the dress too. Casualty of needing to buy a plane ticket instead, and desire for it just falling by the wayside having waited so long.

Anonymous said...

cxuxlezhksfqbtebuaiz, nail Fungus cure, ukgdHFf!

Anonymous said...

ytlmdbckvvhhysgo, nail fungus treatment, txoqGWh!


Related Posts with Thumbnails