January 03, 2011

Lessons Cher (from Clueless) taught me


There's no shame in having "lucky clothes."
Tenacity is most impactful when delivered politely.
And perhaps most important: take photos. You can't always trust mirrors.

With that in mind although I was pretty sure this See by Chloé bargain skirt from Yoox was going back (it is flimsy, somewhat see through, and unlined), I took photos. And they confirmed my suspicions. Even on sale with a stacked code, this skirt isn't worth my closet space. I like the print but I don't have room for sheer and flimsy. It is too short to wear sans tights so c-ya.

11 comments:

archives said...

i hate when something so cute is too impractical! :(

Anonymous said...

well, i have to say that you look FAB in this outfit. you should keep it!

Pamela said...

I think it looks fabulous on you!!! But you know what works and doesn't. Sad though!

roxy said...

Oh damn! I really thought the lessons were going to be:

- always have something baking when a boy comes over
- learn a new word each day and try to use it in a sentence
- high school boys are immature; always try to date college boys

And for what it's worth, I love the skirt on you!

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Archives, I agree! Such a bummer.

Anon, thanks so much! I promise in person it isn't worth keeping.

Pamela, thank you for the compliment.

Roxy, you have me in stitches! I have indeed learned those lessons but I was thinking mostly of those related to clothes/my closet. haha I dreamed many dreams of someday having that very beta closet software program she had that cataloged her garments and assembled them!

Desert Flower said...

Most excellent movie reference! If that was a smidge longer it would be worth keeping. It's a very pretty skirt.

Marianne said...

Oh, what a shame! I love this skirt in the pictures.

erin said...

awww! sorry, but i do think it's super cute!

Thirteenlbs said...

Wow...I think the skirt is truly STUNNING on you.

Jessica said...

It's such a pretty skirt, but I wouldn't keep a flimsy piece either. You'd think that a designer brand could step it up.

Brianna said...

such a pretty print, too bad it didn't work out for you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails