March 01, 2011

In which I accidentally dress like an elegant gothic lolita

LA Made dress from Anthropologie
Streets Ahead belt
Crimson tights from Spanx
Nine West pumps

I wore this on student presentation day. And owning it was reason enough for me to return the Alice + Olivia one I was debating in this post. I knew I'd be sitting down a lot and liked that this dress has a lot of coverage on the lower half. But when I see these photos I think it looks a little too girlie. My pose in the second photo doesn't exactly help to lessen the dolly factor, either. But as long as my students remain unaware of an apparent but subconscious influence of the elegant Gothic Lolita subculture, I should be alright.

1 comment:

M. said...

When I saw the title I burst out laughing! Thanks for that. It's going on 20 hours of editing an essay.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails