August 22, 2011

Casual Coral OOTD

Kate Spade top and make up bag/clutch
Anthro skirt
BP sandals
Vintage necklace

I bought this rosette top from the Kate Spade outlet in Rehoboth and wore it this week. It was marked 75% off which made it a great bargain. I like it because the embellished front reminds me of the Bold Boutonnière dress. Even many years later, it is hard for me to look at a rosette-adorned bodice without thinking of one of my favorite outfits ever shown on Sex and the City.


Carrie wore it when she flew to Paris and the combo of stripes and textures floored me.


My top and the Bold Boutonnière dresses aren't exact mirrors of the fancy and dramatic pleating of Carrie's designer duds. But I still think this detail is 're fun in every iteration.

9 comments:

S said...

that color looks so fabulous on you!! 

thatdamngreendress said...

I love this hot, hot coral colour- really beautiful (argh...I keep spelling beautiful with a y lately- am I lapsing into middle-english or something?) and summery.  The op print on the clutch is great too for channeling the spirit of that incredible SATC outfit!

Great necklace too- so subtle.

carol_prettythings said...

You look fantastic in this color and this silhouette is so great on you, Jess! Love it - and agree, that Carrie Bradshaw outfit is wonderful.

Tricia Mickelsen Thomas said...

You are so pretty that top just makes you look radiant!  

Socialitedreams said...

wow, i love that bag!  the carrie inspiration photo is bananas, that combo of patterns is amazing

Raquelita said...

That Carrie outfit was also one of my all-time favorites.  I love your coral top!

Adriana said...

quite frankly, i like your outfit better. I agree that the Sex and the City outfit is absolutely striking because of the bold lines and symmetry, but personally it's not something I find aesthetically pleasing to wear. In other words, I think I'd like this type of print on my wall than on me, if that makes sense. The giant flower in the front throws me off, too. I love the coral on you and its contrast with a dark bottom. It looks fresh and fun and uncomplicated. OH and I adore the bag. What times of the year would you say you find the best bargains? 

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thanks! It is bright so I don't own much of it. But I do like to wear this color in the summer when I have a tan.

A Stylized Hysteria said...

That SATC outfit always stood out to me, too. But your coral top plays up your tan nicely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails