March 27, 2012

Otta Dress Review

anthropologie dress
Anthropologie dress

Oh man. What a mess. So the Otta Dress looked very cool on the hanger, with its interesting color palette and graphic geometric print. It is a silk cotton blend so I was glad to see the natural fiber composition. I grabbed an 8 and it fit? I... don't know if it fit, actually. Maybe a size up would have prevented the tenting happening underneath my bust? Maybe a size down would have meant less fabric up top? Maybe it is just not meant for a bust like mine? Anyway, I am confused about how this one is supposed to fit. It fits on my body technically, I guess. But it looks weird and bunchy. Maybe the proportions were off? Maybe a petite version would have worked better? But this dress was a bad scene on me. I love the print and think it is a cool idea but not for me, obviously. I wish I had more to say about it. I guess the side buttons were very cute and the kind of special detail that brings me back to this store. But there is a reason why I've not bought anything from Anthropologie in 2012. And the fit of this dress exemplifies it.

4 comments:

thatdamngreendress said...

So sad to see such a beautiful print hard done by- I mean, it doesn't even hang nicely from the model in the cataologue shot ! There are probably a couple of people whose body shapes will work well for this cut, but not many. Probably tall and broad shouldered and hipless (3 strikes for me!) I didn't get a chance to try it on, but I saw it in the store, and there's no way it would work on me. Too bad! How bizarre is it that there are no dresses I'm dying for right now?

The colours look so pretty on you! This size looks like it could work with the straps shortened a little, actually...

Cynthia said...

It's weird, I've hardly wanted anything from Anthropologie lately either, while last year I was buying the whole damned store, it felt like. Oh well, probably better for my credit rating.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I'm kind of surprised by all the good reviews on the product page. I also feel like this interesting print was wasted on a weird design.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Yeah if I get a birthday discount in April, I have no idea what I'd get. My last wishlist add is from last fall and I think it was something from prior to that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails