August 28, 2012

Vinca Minor Dress review


The other week I found myself killing time at the mall, browsing non-maternity stores with some pangs of longing. Although any enthusiasm for shopping my favorite stores is tempered by the pregnancy (and all the shape-related uncertainties it brings), I also know that old habits die hard. So I stopped in Anthro and spotted the Vinca Minor dress. It was so pretty on the hanger that I decided to try it for fun, knowing that it would probably be too short to be practical. At this point my stomach really raises things in the front. I joke with Chris that it "Winnie the Pooh's" clothes upward.

Like the others, this Weston Wear dress is sized in letters, not numbers. I grabbed a large which was the biggest size available in my store. It was small on me and looked awkward over my belly. But this is not at all surprising because I was/am in the thick of my second trimester. It is not a pregnancy-friendly non-maternity option for me but I could see it being very fun for a party or as a guest of honor's bridal shower dress, under normal circumstances. It also seems easily winterized with layers and tights. I'd like to see it layered with a turtleneck underneath, to treat the dress as a jumper or even a dirndl. The dress ran true to size but I found the tulle underlayers to be slightly itchy on bare skin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails