September 05, 2012

Some outfits from the summer

With Labor Day behind us, I wanted to share a few outfits I never got around to posting. Both are from earlier in my second trimester so in both I look smaller than I do today. But with the temperatures still swelling, I expect I will be recycling these looks for a few more weeks. Thank goodness for elastic waistbands.


A surprising plus of this pregnancy has been last summer's clutch purchase of the Ancient Myths maxi skirt from Anthropologie. I didn't anticipate how useful its stretchy ruched waist would become. I've worn it often and the print is just distracting enough to feel like a decent belly mask.


Less adept at masking was this Max Studio foldover waist skirt with Bailey 44 column-esque stripes. Although the stripes trick the eye, because I didn't tuck my tee, the belly is pretty obvious.

Outfit 1:
Ancient Myths Maxi Skirt from Anthro, summer 2011 (similar)
Gap tee
BP sandals from Nordstrom

Outfit 2:
MaxStudio maxi skirt from Marshalls (similar)
Gap tee
Kate Spade Daycation tote (recent version on sale here)
Etro sunglasses


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails