July 08, 2013

Pregnancy Outfit Repeats, Postpartum




During the first half of my pregnancy I found myself wearing a lot of stretchy things from Anthropologie, Gap, and Old Navy to try to cope with the summer heat and my changing figure. Now that I am 7 months postpartum, I am doing the same. Although my body is different from before, I see glimpses of its former self now and then. In a "body after baby"-obsessed culture, it can be difficult to maintain self-kindness and realistic expectations. I'm also sure if I prioritized gym trips I would see better "progress." But with little free time to spare, I am busy writing, cleaning, grading, and running as many errands as I can. The gym can wait.

This outfit is a repeat from two Mays ago, after the end of my first trimester. I wore it to teach my summer class and to a few other functions recently. Including a kid-friendly outdoor summer concert series, called Weather Permitting (at Shadyside Nursery for those of you who are in Pittsburgh).


Details:
Anthropologie top and skirt
Etro sunglasses
Marc by Marc Jacobs Mouse Flats

Emilia is wearing Tea Collection

BTW, I drew the winner of the Shabby Apple Giveaway. Congratulations to commenter, Flaneuse who won by liking Consume or Consumed on Facebook! Thank you to Shabby Apple and everyone who entered!! I will be launching a new giveaway soon so stay turned.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

you look lovely! E is just adorable! I'm definitely feeling my way through this whole body-changing experience and trying to practice self-kindness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails