October 22, 2015

Teaching and Meetings OOTD plus a sweet reward


I know my updates have been even less frequent than usual. That's not only due to the busy semester, but also due to my flying solo for a decent stretch. Chris was in Ghana again for work recently and although I am lucky to have lots of family help, it is really hard to keep all the plates spinning without our regular routines.


Anyway, I wore this to campus on a day when I had to be there early for meetings and late for classes. This dress is an older Anthropologie one that I got on sale. It was chilly enough to wear it with a newer splurge: the Reymoore trench by Burberry Brit. To be fair, the trench was on major sale AND I had a gift card and coupon to use. But it still felt indulgent because I have many other jackets. I bought it for myself as a treat for receiving a research grant but I also told myself I'd have to do a big closet clear-out to compensate. I've been having great luck selling on eBay lately. I was going to list in my shop blog first, but opted to try eBay instead when they offered a $20 coupon as incentive. And although I got the trench for more than 75% off, I have sold the equivalent of well over its retail value just by clearing out some unloved, rarely worn pieces.


Anyway, on the first day that I wore it, I also got some great news related to my book manuscript. I don't want to jinx anything preemptively, so I'll just say that I'm very pleased until papers are signed. From now on, I will consider this to be my professionally lucky trench.

Details:
Anthropologie Banet Dress
Burberry Trench (in Navy and Black)
Spanx tights
Sam Edelman boots
Longchamp Neo Tote

Don't forget, there's still time to enter the Kushyfoot Giveaway!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails