December 31, 2015

Getting Fancy with Voodoo Vixen

Voodoo Vixen dress

The holiday season may be coming to a close but that doesn't mean there won't be plenty of reasons in 2016 to get dressed up fancy. I was excited to wear Voodoo Vixen's Paula dress for my own holiday celebrations. The dress hit all the right notes for Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, and even my work holiday party. The fabric is substantial with just a hint of stretch and shimmer. The shade of blue looks festive but the black velvety print adds texture. And the belt makes sure one's figure is hugged in the most flattering spot. As my own figure shifted due to the effects of pregnancy and holiday eating, this dress still seemed to fit me through the season. I thought it looked quite nice paired with my daughter's fancy Christmas frock.


The Paula dress (now on sale and available in regular and plus sizes!) yielded many many compliments and although I considered hemming it to be closer to knee length, the slightly longer look made it feel unique and formal. On the right is another lovely dress I considered called the Blair Flare. I am glad I kept my Paula Dress as is and I really appreciate that it has sleeves. But Blair Flare would make a lovely Valentine's Day dress!

Regarding fit: I ordered an XL which was the right choice for me. It gave me plenty of room and I could cinch the waist without feeling constricted. I think this dress will continue to fit me as my midsection grows into my second trimester when I will need something for a winter wedding and it will also work postpartum. I am so grateful to Voodoo Vixen for sending me such a beautiful dress and solving my "what do I wear this holiday season" dilemma that was only exacerbated by my changing pregnant body. Thank you!

Voodoo Vixen is also offering readers of Consume or Consumed an exclusive discount, now through January 31st! Use code CC20 to deduct 20% from your order! Follow @VoodooVixenLDN on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to learn about other discounts and styles they offer. On the website, many dresses are on sale and they carry a range of pieces that suit many occasions and sizes that suit many body types. Thanks again, Voodoo Vixen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails