April 12, 2016

Pregnant in Boden: Early Second Trimester


Like many second timers, my body has shown pregnancy earlier than it did with Emilia. Even so, when I look back on these photos from the end of my first trimester and the beginning of my second, I don't really look pregnant. I look fuller but it was also right after the holiday break when I am usually fuller in general. If you follow me on instagram, you already know that I am showing a lot more than these photos indicate. That is because they were taken a while back.



I've been delighted with how the regular, non-maternity Boden in my wardrobe has transitioned throughout this pregnancy. I think this dress is called the "easy pocket dress" or something similar. I found it on Ebay. It isn't stretchy but it is shaped in a forgiving silhouette. Even among pieces made from non-stretchy fabrics, I have found that Boden's dresses are designed to accommodate a midsection fluid in size. Even my unforgiving pieces have pleats, darts, and shaping that enable the room for a bump. This makes it less of a bummer that Boden isn't doing any maternity specific pieces at the moment.

Details:
Boden easy pocket dress
Spanx high waisted tights (also non maternity but they come up high enough that they function as a makeshift belly band)
Tory Burch Reva flats 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails