June 16, 2016

Pea in the Pod OOTD


This dress was an eBay find from The Pea in the Pod last time around. I wore it a bunch toward the end of pregnancy then and I am wearing it a lot now because unlike the majority of my maternity dresses from before, it has short sleeves and is pretty lightweight.


I can't believe how close I am to the end of pregnancy. I am kind of in panic mode because there is a lot going on. We are buying a house that needs some work and eventually selling our house. I am finishing my book thanks to my NEH grant (for which I will to complete and submit a report on my accomplishments thanks to the funds). My tenure file is due at the end of the month. Chris has work travel that takes him off the continent. And on top of everything, I am going to have another baby soon! 

I need to comfort my very tender feeling kiddo through all of this change and transition. I worry about how she will process so much at once. I feel a lot of emotions and I feel them in a very pronounced way. Last week was the anniversary of my early miscarriage. I felt heavy from the memory but it is not lost on me that I am so lucky that things have (on the whole) been ok with this pregnancy. All of these things are a lot. But most of it is good. After this week especially, I feel reminded of how my "lot" in life is so fortunate, even when I'm overwhelmed. My thoughts are with those who are processing significantly traumatic events with understandable overwhelm. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails