February 16, 2019

Red for Valentine's Day

Marc by Marc Jacobs Red Dress

From December through February a nice red dress becomes my wardrobe workhorse. This is why I was excited especially to find a long lost Marc by Marc Jacobs "dress that got away." The particular dress shown above was called the Mareika Tulip dress, originally released in fall 2013. I bought this one in purple so I knew what size I would want to track down if I was ever able to locate the red version. The red Mareika sold out swiftly when it was first released and because I wait for sales, I never got one. So I was thrilled to track it down after all these years on eBay for a great price. I wore it on Christmas Eve and for teaching during the week of the Lunar New Year. I am also planning to wear it this weekend for Valentine's Day dinner with family. Since there are so many themed occasions when a bright red dress is handy, I am glad to add it to my wardrobe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails