September 14, 2012

BellaBlu Maternity OOTD


While I had a bunch of favorite brands pre-pregnancy, none of them really offered much in the way of maternity clothing. Occasional partnerships between DVF and a mass maternity chain gave me something to hunt for on ebay (as the retail prices were still too steep to justify) but overall I felt like I was starting my wardrobe research from scratch.


There's a learning curve to this new-to-me genre of merchandise and figuring out fits and quality standards for each brand has proved difficult when there aren't many brick and mortar options. Thankfully, a number of online boutiques offer detailed information about the brands they carry, easing the burden of building a work-appropriate maternity wardrobe.


BellaBlu Maternity is one such boutique. They carry lots of special, occasional, and professional maternity clothing in addition to plenty of casual maternity and nursing friendly pieces. A number of designers are stocked there with baby bags, baby clothes, and nursery items rounding out the selection.

In exchange for providing an honest review of my customer experience, they gifted me the above dress (called Iron Gate) by the maternity designer, Olian. For reference, I am wearing a large and find the fit below the bustline to be very forgiving. The fabric is comfortable and stretchy. I love this dress for its 60s-inspired graphics, the mixed print bib and hem details, and the flattering tie-waist. This dress is in the running to be what I wear to one of my baby showers! It feels very me in the pre-pregnant sense because so many of my favorite dresses of all time mix graphic prints. In my experience, I found BellaBlu to be a fantastic one-stop spot for discerning customers in the family way. Ground shipping (which for me, was lightening fast!) is a flat fee and they offer a 14 day return policy (with some wiggle room, as stated on their site).

Bonus bump shot:

Outfit details:
Iron Gate Maternity dress by Olian (c/o Bellablu Maternity)
Hue tights
Nine West pumps

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Lovely dress and you look great in it :)

carol_prettythings said...

You look great! So exciting - how far along are you now?

andrew c said...

ruined $150 bathing suit; no reply from the owner after 4-5 calls

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Do you think the suit is defective? It might be worth pursuing through the manufacturer if you aren't finding customer service help from the retailer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails