October 19, 2009

My Taste Hasn't Changed: By Malene Birger Liane Dress

In one of my very first entries, I mentioned that I loved this By Malene Birger dress, called Liane.

Its simple feminine shape and leafy foliage print suited my style in the Spring of 2008, as much as it does in the Fall of 2009. When it was available at 80% off on The Outnet outlet of Net-A-Porter, I snatched it up. And it arrived carefully wrapped in its Outnet dustbag.

I have a small collection of these dustbags which eventually proved to be useful, not as grocery bags, but as storage.

Anyway, although the dress is very delicate and gorgeous in person, the shape is not terribly flattering on me. The length is longer than I expected. Technically this is the correct size. Danish 38.

But I think with some black tights and pumps, it will look nicer than these quick photos I took when it arrived.

What I do like about it, are the details. The interior hem is lined with a smaller scaled version of the overall print. And while the exterior fabric is a silk chiffon, the interior hem lining and accompanying ivory slip are slightly more shimmery and made of silk charmeuse.

I was clueless about Danish sizing, even though I also have this By Malene Birger sweater coat.

The size chart conversion and garment measurement information provided detailed enough information for me to guesstimate. The DK 38 translates to about a US 8. I think I will find ways to wear this and am too in love with the details to consider returning it. I got a great price because I was patient enough to wait well over a year. I guess it is useful to have reliable, slow-moving taste.

4 comments:

erin said...

i love that dress, jess!

A said...

OMG so cute!! I really loved this Marlene Birger coat in yellow from last season. Glad to know that you've had good luck with the OutNet, I must try it myself. I've only bought one dress from GiltGroupe so far.

Jesspgh of Consume or Consumed said...

Thank you, Erin!

Angela, I stalked FOREVER on Net-a-Porter last year, but it never went below 60% off. Finally they put it on outnet in September! There's hope for you coat! I also think I have seen By Malene Birger stuff on Yoox.com.

Becky Tjandera said...

what a lovely dress ! looks great on you :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails